Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where, oh where, have all my books gone?

We're renovating.  Slowly.  We got new carpet, and are rearranging and painting.  Our living area/dining room used to look like this:

Books!!
This is a shot from last year of my daughter "catching possums" while standing on the dining room table, :D.  It also shows most of the bookcases, there are another two on the near wall (you only see one in the shot) and another two like this in the lounge.  *looks embarassed*  

I have *ahem* a lot of books.  This isn't even all of them.  There were several boxes in the shed when we cleared that out late last year.  I also culled heaps of my old work books.  

The precious books are now upstairs, and look like this:

Sad books in boxes.
Poor books, locked away from sharing your awesomeness with me!  Who knows when we will paint the walls, put up the shelves, and get you out again?!

I miss you, books.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I think it's fantastic that you have so many books. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That way you'll always have something to read.

I don't buy many books because I don't really have the space for them. Most people that come in my house wouldn't realize I read as much as I do. :)